Safe Harbor of NC
Safe Harbor exists to create a Christ-centered community for women to rebuild, renew and recover. Our goal is for everyone we serve to have a thriving relationship with Christ and live into their purpose. Each program’s objective is for women to thrive in 8 life domains: recovery; mental wellness & spirituality; education & employment; financial independence; independence from legal issues; leisure & recreation; physical health and relationships & social supports.
Safe Harbor of NC is a nonprofit organization located in Hickory, North Carolina. Dedicated to serving individuals experiencing homelessness and other life challenges, Safe Harbor provides a safe and supportive environment to help women regain stability and independence. Their comprehensive services include a day shelter which offers: nutritious meals, case management, counseling, job training, and assistance with finding permanent housing; a year-long residential program and transitional housing programs. By offering a holistic approach and personalized support, Safe Harbor aims to empower individuals to overcome obstacles and rebuild their lives. Through their commitment to compassion and community collaboration, Safe Harbor plays a vital role in addressing homelessness and improving the lives of those in need.
- Prepare a lunch meal for the women in the Community Center
- Lead a craft or activity with program participants
- Clean windows
- Deep clean vehicles
- Volunteer 2 hours at Safe Harbor’s ReSource Warehouse Thrift Store
- Pull weeds at residential facility
- Volunteer 2 hours weekly in front office (basic computer skills needed)
- Hold a drive for items on our wish list
- Small Bibles
- Laundry detergent – Free and Clear
- Regular and Decaf Coffee K-cups
- Ethnic hair products
- Trash Bags unscented
- 2 person waterproof tents
- 3 blade razors
- Body Wash
- Copy Paper
Visit Safe Harbor of NC for more information.