Least of These Carolinas
LOT Carolinas’ purpose is to identify and service the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of children and their caregivers, with the primary focus on children in foster/kinship care. Through a community effort of local churches, businesses, and caring citizens; applying the Biblical principle of helping those in need to glorify God.
- Stop by your local DSS office with treats for the staff.
- Least of These Carolinas puts out a ‘Wishlist Wednesday’ each Wednesday on their social media platforms (Instagram and Facebook) for the public to help provide the most pressing needs of their organization that week.
- Pray that more people will answer the call to become foster parents
- Call your local DSS, find out how many foster parents they have and provide some gift cards.
- Offer babysitting for a foster family.
- Organize a drive to collect items for children in foster care. (i.e blankets, stuffed animals, etc)
- Find a business to offer free services to children in foster care ( i.e. haircuts)
- If able, contact a local group home for kids to ask how you can help.
- Offer tutoring or pay for tutoring for a child in foster care.
- Sign up through www.lotcarolinas.com to volunteer at our events. We love seeing volunteers smiling faces as they make a direct difference in the lives of children experiencing foster care.
For more ideas, visit lotcarolinas.com to learn more about what we provide for children in foster/kinship care.